Hat: SM Dept. Store | Shirt: from mom | Skirt: Topshop
Wedges and Bag: thrifted | Bracelet: Forever 21
When I was a teenager, I thought being in your 20's and being employed are the equivalent of adulthood. I thought that once you get to experience what they call as real life, it will make you more mature and wiser. Now that I am in my 20's and employed, my thoughts were altered. Just because you are working doesn't mean you are now an adult. Yes, it teaches you how to become more responsible but not everyone really becomes responsible. Yes, it gives you more wisdom but not everyone lives by the wisdom they learn. Being in your 20's and working does not mean you become an adult. It is a phase in life that merely teaches you how to become an adult. It is that decade when you are allowed to be crazy and just enjoy life while at the same time learning things about life so when you do become an adult, you know better. It is only a few more years before I leave this decade and then I have to force myself to become an adult. So while I am still at it, I will have fun and let myself go crazy.
Just want to share with you 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. I am not going to expound on each point but just to share an encompassing thought to avoid becoming too lengthy - because as you know I am one for writing and rambling.
Travel alone - I have always wanted to do this but my parents won't allow me. I know, I am too old to get permission from my parents to do the things I want but since I still live with them, I can't really do anything, can I?Done! Went to Bangkok for something work-related but still, I was able to travel alone. 22-25 June 2015. Watch a movie alone - I've never done this because I'm scared to go inside the movie house alone but I really want to try it!Done! Watched Fifty Shades of Grey alone. 27 February 2015. See the cherry blossoms in Japan - this has been my dream ever since I was a little kid. I really thought then that cherry blossoms aren't real but as I grew older and became more aware of other countries did I realize they do exist. I know this is the most expensive season in Japan but I don't care! I won't see them every year anyway so maybe once before I turn 30 would be enough.Done! Got to see the cherry blossoms in Nagoya (not in Tokyo) 22-27 March 2016. They weren't in full bloom yet but there were lots already blooming.
- Experience the 4 seasons of South Korea - I have already been to Seoul for autumn and I am hoping to go there for winter this year.
- Get a master's degree - still thinking of what to take up but I will definitely start studying again before I turn 30.
- Become fluent in Korean Language - still waiting on the schedule for Module 3.
- Attend a music festival - I have never attended any concert in my entire life! I want to experience how it is to attend a music festival. Though I am not really into indie music (I am very mainstream), the whole atmosphere is what I am after.
See Big Bang live - too bad for me that when they had their concert here 2 years ago no one wanted to come with me. Good thing my classmates in Korean Language are also fans so maybe next time?Done! I watched their Made Tour last 30 July 2015 and it was an epic night. I will never forget that experience. It was the best 2.5 hours of my life!
- Splurge on a designer bag that I know I can't afford but I know I will use for a lifetime - I want the classic Chanel. I promise I will get it before I turn 30!
- Dine in one of the best hotels in the Metro - I want to do this with my family on a Christmas or maybe my mom's/dad's birthday.
- Go skydiving - I am not sure if I will be able to do this because as I said in my previous post I am most scared of falling - and skydiving entails free falling. Not sure if I will be able to take it but if someone is in this with me, I think I will. Anyone want to go skydiving?
- Volunteer for a charity - I am looking into different charities and I want to volunteer for one of them on one weekend as a thank you to the world for blessing me so much. Sometimes, I feel like I don't deserve any of them at all. I am just really thankful for everything that's been happening in my life and doing this is my way of returning the blessings I have received.
- Go camping - one reason why I've never camped before is because I have toilet issues. I swear, I hate dirty toilets and unhygienic toilet users the most. But I would like to experience this at least once in my life.
- Organize a tea party
- Start gardening - I've been reading articles online on how to grow your own garden. I really want to revamp our backyard - which currently looks like a graveyard - and then organize the tea party. I want to fill it with fragrant and blossoming flowers.
- Go mountain climbing - I don't think I am fit enough for mountain climbing but I still want to experience it once in my life.
- Learn about wines - I think this is necessary for anyone in their 20's or for anyone really. In the corporate world, it pays to be knowledgeable about wines and wine glasses. It makes you more cultured, learned, and sophisticated.
- Watch a meteor shower - I don't remember seeing one before though I've always heard them on the news. When the next one comes - which hopefully happens before I turn 30 - I will make sure I am awake to be mesmerized by it.
- Go to a legit fortune teller
- Tour Metro Manila on my own
- Learn how to drive - though this is a skill I don't think will ever become useful to me, I still want to learn how to drive. You just never know when it might come in handy.
- Go on a European Tour with my friends/family - saving up for this and hopefully in the next 2-3 years, I can visit the famous Eiffel Tower, La Sagrada Familia and many more famous landmarks in Europe.
- Watch a play - hopefully in Broadway.
- Go to Boracay on Labor Day and see what the fuss is all about - I have expressed my distaste for Boracay time and again not because I find the place unpleasant but because of the crowd. When I go to the beach I want to swim and relax and Boracay is not a place where I can do that. But, I want to experience what the fuss is all about there during Labor Day - just to experience the party and the crowd. But I don't think I will want to go there again after that.
Buy my own domain - can you recommend any affordable but reliable domain host for my blog?
- Go scuba diving - I am terrified of deep waters. But it would be rather unfortunate if I will never get to do scuba diving since the Philippines is known for its pristine beaches. There are so many beautiful diving sites here and it will be a waste living in such a country and not be able to see what is down there.
- Read a classic novel - How to Kill a Mocking Bird or the Great Gatsby?
- Watch a classic movie - The Godfather
- Make a letter to my parents and tell them how much I appreciate them - I am not very expressive especially to my parents but I do hope they know that I appreciate them a lot and that I genuinely love them.
- Move out of my parent's house/Buy my own home/Buy my own car - I may be too ambitious for this last one but still, there is nothing wrong with dreaming, right?
I will be updating this list from time to time as I accomplished each of them. I may be expecting too much in a few years but what do you know? I may just be able to accomplish everything in this list.
Have a great week ahead.