I don’t really suffer much from dandruff but I still do get those moments. It is hell when my scalp starts to itch and when I scratch white flakes just fly all over the place. It is embarrassing and annoying. I hate it when this happens. Product build-up or greasy hair could be the culprit. I tried Nizoral, Clear, and even a dermatologist-formulated anti-dandruff shampoo but without much luck. These products were only able to help relieve the itchiness and control the flakiness for a short period of time. And worse, these products were too harsh for my hair leaving it drier than it already is. The only anti-dandruff product that works well with my hair is Head & Shoulders but there are still times when my scalp flakes and itches – probably because of product build-up as I have been using this shampoo for years now (I don’t switch shampoos anymore because I am allergic to most of them).
One day, as I was in search for a clarifying shampoo I can use once a week to remove product build-up I came across Superbalm by Lush. I was a bit hesitant to try this as I was thinking it might dry up my hair like the other anti-dandruff products I’ve used. But the peppermint smell caught me and I was sold. Though it was a bit expensive than what I had budgeted for such product, it was well worth it. I bought this product 3 months ago and I still have a lot left. I use this once a week.
· Lovely peppermint smell
· Small amount goes a long way
· Use only once a week or once every two weeks
· Relieves and calms the scalp immediately
· Does not dry the hair
· One small tin can will last for a long time
· A bit expensive (it is sold for 600.00PHP++ here in the Philippines)
· You have to leave it on your scalp for 20 minutes prior to washing (this can be a hassle if you barely have enough time in the morning/evening. This is why I only use this once a week on a weekend).
· It may be tricky to use initially as you have to massage the product on your scalp while your hair is dry. Some of the product might stick to your hair when you need this product to be on your scalp.