One of the reasons why I always love coming back to Korea is because of the many cosmetics and skincare brands to choose from. It's heaven for all the beauty junkies! Though there are already so many Korean brands available in the Philippine market, buying directly in Korea saves you a few hundred pesos. I am not saying to go all the way to Korea instead of buying here because that few hundred pesos is no match to the thousands you will be spending if you go there. What I'm saying is just that they cost less there. So when in Korea, make sure to pamper yourself with some of the skincare/cosmetics available there.
I have always been curious about the brand Laneige. I've read so many good reviews about the brand before and because it is endorsed by Song Hye Gyo - the prettiest Korean actress in my opinion. But the price always puts me off. I don't want to spend thousands of pesos for a jar of moisturizer when I can find a cheaper alternative at Etude House or Tony Moly. But as they say, quality comes with a price.
Winter weather is dry making the skin flaky. My skin felt very tight and my cheeks were flaky and red. I brought a moisturizer with me but apparently, it is not moisturizing enough to combat the redness, flakiness, and tightness of my skin. This is why I decided to purchase the Water Sleeping Pack from Laneige. It is said to deeply hydrate and moisturize the skin and is also aromatherapeutic allowing your body to go into deep slumber. With that said, how can this be not the perfect product I am looking for? Plus the added benefit of being able to sleep better, I was sold even if it pained me to let go of 25,000.00KRW.
- Deeply moisturizing and hydrating
- Lovely light floral scent that instantly soothes your mind and uplifts your spirit
- Just a small dollop is needed to moisturize the entire face and neck area
- You only need to use it 2-3 times a week making the jar last for a long time
- Available in the Philippines for 1,250.00PHP (not too much price difference compared to the Korean price)
- Comes with an instruction manual complete with facial exercises. Not sure though what those facial exercises are for but I am guessing they are to promote elasticity and relax the muscles
- A bit expensive compared to other [Korean brand] moisturizers
- Addicting (I swear, I want to use this everyday but I am afraid I might breakout if I do because I have extremely oily skin and if I moisturize everyday my skin might become too moisturized to the point that it will become even more extremely oily).
- I still don't look nowhere near Song Hye Kyo (kidding).
I give this product a 4.5/5. I swear by this sleeping pack! Just one use and all the flakiness of my skin was gone. It lived up to its claims. Plus the fact that it smells really, really good - how can you not love this product? But I am only giving it a 4.5 rating because it is addicting to use. Laneige, why did you have to make this product so addicting? If you have dry skin and looking for a product that will really moisturize your skin, I highly recommend this product.