Sebum is my skin's nemesis. I've always battled with oily skin and I find that no matter what products I try, my skin still produces excessive amount of oil. Powder is supposed be the product that will help control my skin's sebum production but most of the powders I have tried before did nothing. Yes it will make your skin matte in the first few minutes and then make your skin as shiny as mirror after. Some powders I have tried also cake on my face - which was disgusting. After searching far and wide for the powder that can answer my oily skin problems, I think I found the right product/s for me.
Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder
I only decided to try this upon the recommendation of my sister who is an avid fan of the brand. I am not really a follower of Innisfree because I was not impressed with their cleansing oil and because I am not a fan of YoonA (endorser of the brand). But my sister and I have pretty similar skin type - oily and she attested that this powder has helped control sebum production and left her skin matte for a good amount of time. So naturally, I decided to try it and I could not be any happier that I did.
- Costs only 6,000KRW (about 222.00PHP); very affordable, indeed.
- I have been using this everyday for a month now and I still have a lot of product left. It is a very small pack and you would think it will only last you for a month or two but the result is otherwise.
- You only need a few amount to cover your entire face and neck area.
- My face stayed matte for a good 4 hours and then my T-zone started producing oil - just my T-zone. Other areas like my cheeks stayed matte.
- Has a nice light scent
- Made of natural minerals which is good for people with sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Not available in the Philippines
- The pack is very small. I wish they produce a bigger pack with more product that will last me for about a year.
Banila Co Prime Primer Finish Powder
This is already my second pack of this powder and I just can't express how much I love this product. It works really well with the primer from the same brand I am using in keeping my skin matte and oil-free. This has become a staple in my makeup collection.
- Has a nice light scent
- Contains a lot of product. The first pack I consumed in about 6-7 months; gives you value for your money.
- You only need to a few product to cover your entire face.
- The matte effect stayed for about 4-5 hours before my nose started to produce oil.
- Expensive. The pack costs about 21,000KRW (777.00PHP).
- Not available in the Philippines.
I am torn between the two products. Both really live up to their claims of keeping your skin matte. I guess it would all boil down to how much money you have or how much money you are willing to spend on a powder. The advantage of Banila Co would be that the mattifying power of the powder is greater than the Innisfree one as after the same amount of time, only my nose has become a little bit oily. Whereas with Innisfree, my entire T-zone were a little bit oily. But if I have to choose, I'll go with the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder simply because it is more affordable. I could buy 3-4 packs for the same amount as the Banila Co Prime Primer Finish Powder.