I have recently become a fan of the Korean brand Innisfree. I didn't like it initially because the very first product I bought from them did not deliver to my expectations - which was the apple cleansing oil. I was also not attracted to even try the brand because I am not a fan of their endorser - who is YoonA of Girl's Generation. But on the recommendation of my sister that their No Sebum Mineral Powder is a holy grail product, I decided to try the brand again. I am so happy that I did because if you read this post, you will know how much I really liked that powder. And another product from the brand that I am really loving lately is the Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask.
I am a fan of facial masks - both clay masks and facial sheet masks. I use both once or twice a week: the clay mask for deep cleaning my pores and the facial sheet mask to moisturize after. I used to really love the Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask because it really helps in drying out zits and acne. But the problem with that mask is that it dries my entire skin out as well. That is the reason why I developed the routine of using a facial sheet mask after - to deeply moisturize my skin after the clay mask has dried it out. So last January when we were in Seoul, while I was in search for a new clay mask, I chanced upon an Innisfree store and decided to give this product a try. I have read good reviews about this before hence my decision to buy and I was happy I did. This clay mask is a deep cleaning mask without drying your skin. My skin felt soft and smooth after. It wasn't as drying on acne and zits as the Queen Helene one but it does a good job with cleaning and clarifying your skin. I noticed my skin had less breakouts and was softer than before.
- Affordable - I believe this was less than 20,000KRW which is very affordable compared to other Korean brands.
- Easy to spread and apply on the skin - the consistency is not too thick making it difficult to spread on your face but not too watery as well. Consistency is comparable to whipped egg whites.
- You only need a few amount to cover your entire face.
- Does not come in a glass jar - I prefer non-glass jars because I tend to break glass a lot. With this hard plastic container, I don't have to worry about dropping it and breaking the jar and the product spreads on the floor.
- Leaves skin soft and smooth
- Less breakouts were observed after started using this product.
- Smell is not that pleasant - it's not bad either but it doesn't smell nice at all. It smells organic which is the raw materials of the product so I guess the smell is normal - but I just don't like it.
- Sometimes it makes my nose area itchy. I am not really sure why but it does.
I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a nice clay mask that isn't drying. If you are particular with the scent you might not like this but the results are great.