It is common knowledge that wearing sunscreen or any face products that has SPF (such as BB creams and CC creams) is important. Especially these days when the ozone layer is thinning and more harmful UV rays produced by the sun can penetrate through the earth, wearing sunscreen or the likes should be done religiously. If you don't wan to end up with skin cancer, early wrinkle formation, development of sun spots and hyperpgmentation, you should make it a habit to wear sunscreen and/or similar products.
I have tried various sunscreens before and the thing I hate about them is that they are very greasy. Most sunscreens I've used on my face before make my skin even oilier than it already is and feels heavy on the skin. It is rare for me to find a sunscreen that doesn't trigger more sebum production of my skin and a sunscreen that is lightweight. This are 2 of the reasons why I treat BB creams like it's my religion. It is an all-in-one product that doesn't make my skin oilier than it i already is and the watery consistency of most BB creams make it lightweight. But there are still moments in my life when I don't want to wear BB creams. They are still considered as makeup (bordering onto skincare) and thus has the negative effects of makeup such as clogging pores and pimple formation. I swore not to use sunscreens again but I realize its importance and after undergoing CO2 fractional laser resurfacing (which made my skin more sensitive to the sun) I cannot go out of the house without slathering my face with anything that has SPF.
Biore is a brand that I have read good reviews about and one my friends actually swear by the brand. I saw a lot of Biore products in Japan but again, everything is written in Japanese so I let go. One day, I just cannot leave the house anymore without sunscreen so I went to Landmark (a department store in the Philippines) and saw they are carrying the brand. I talked to the sales lady for a few minutes before deciding which among the selection of sunscreens the brand has to offer is more suitable for my skin type. And then I settled for the Biore UV Perfect Bright Milk one.
I know what a very long intro for a product review but I just had to make myself clear on some points. Anyway, I believe I made the right choice with the sunscreen I picked and I could not be any happier. I love this sunscreen despite using it only for 2 days (day 2 on the day this is published). It is unlike all other sunscreens I have used before and I will definitely recommend this to anyone.
- Powder effect which is perfect for people with oily skin.
- Pink undertones which helps brighten the skin and make more luminous.
- Doesn't feel greasy at all. Skin stays matte for a long time after application (mine stayed matte for about 3-4 hours which is already long considering my skin is super oily).
- Lightweight formula perfect for people with oily skin.
- Light, powdery scent.
- You only need a few amount to spread on your entire face and neck area.
- It has a high SPF.
- Affordable (I bought it for only 380.00PHP).
- According to the packaging it is sweat and water resistant so you don't have to reapply often.
- Compact size so it will easily fit in your bag when you travel.
- You have to shake it every time before using which can be time consuming for some people.
- It comes in only 33g. I wish it was bigger so it will last longer.
- I have only seen this in Landmark Makati so I am unsure if you can get it elsewhere.
I am really happy with this sunscreen and this has instantly become a staple in my beauty routine. I highly recommend the Biore UV Perfect Bright Milk for people who have similar skin type as me: oily and sensitive. It helps keep sebum production under control at the same time helps protect your skin from harmful UV rays. It is also inexpensive and easy to spread on the skin.
Biore has a range of sunscreens. They have a specific sunscreen suitable depending on your skin type and depending on your needs. They have a Biore UV Perfect Face Milk Whitening for people who want to even out and lighten their skin tone. They have the Biore UV Perfect Milk for people with dry skin. They have the Biore UV Perfect Bright Milk (the one I reviewed) which is for oily skin and people who want a brighter, more luminous skin. They also have the Aqua BB which offers coverage if you want to hide some imperfections.