Living in a humid, tropical country I have yet to master the art of controlling my skin's sebum production. I am one of those unfortunate people who has difficulty having their makeup stay on their face for the whole day. I am one of the unlucky people who has excessive sebum production that my face tends to look like a deep fryer by midday. I have tried various sebum control powders and some really work. But I am yet to find the holy grail product that will be able to control my skin's oiliness for the whole day.
I have tried the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder and the Banila Co Prime Primer Finish Powder. Both products work really well in controlling sebum production. However, both products can only keep my skin's sebum production under control for a certain amount of time. The former can last up to 4 hours and the latter about 5-6 hours. Pretty impressive if you ask someone like me who has hyperactive oil glands. But I am the type of person who barely has the time to retouch her makeup come midday. I usually cut my lunch break short because of work so I can go home on time. I want something that will last me the whole 8-9 hours I am at work. I was just curious about makeup setting sprays as I have seen tonnes of YouTube personalities use them as part of their makeup routine. I tried one from Etude House before but I feel like the formula is too strong for my skin as it made my skin red. When I was shopping in Sephora in Kuala Lumpur, I decided to get the Urban Decay de-slick Makeup Setting Spray as I heard and read so many good reviews about it. I thought this could be the answer to my oily skin problems and I was right; I consider this my holy grail product.
There are so many things to love about the Urban Decay de-slick Makeup Setting Spray. It is just too good; one of the reasons why I keep on praying for Sephora to open here in the Philippines. It is one of those products I am willing to spend money on and will highly recommend to anyone who wants their makeup to stay for a long time and prevent oil production. I use this spray sometimes even when I am not wearing makeup just to help control my skin's sebum production and it really works. I highly recommend this!
- Effective in controlling sebum production.
- Helps makeup stay on your skin and keep it looking matte for the whole day (8-9 hours).
- Comes in easy to spray bottle
- You can use it even if you're not wearing makeup to help control shine and oil on skin
- 4 sprays is enough to cover your entire face
- It sprays the product into fine mist to allow it to dry easily on your skin. It takes about less than 10 seconds for the 4 sprays to dry.
- Bottle is small and can easily fit any bag size so you can bring it anywhere with you in case you need retouching later in the day (though I never did because it really keeps my skin matte and shine free for 8-9 hours).
- Not available in the Philippines.
- Quite expensive (about $30 US).
Overall, I am impressed with this product and will definitely repurchase. I highly recommend this for people with the same skin type I have.