If you watched my latest Korean Beaut Haul video you probably already know how much I love this product. This is now my holy grail skincare product and I will keep on repurchasing. It is not the cheapest essence out there but it delivers so you definitely get value for your money. I don't remember how I lived without this and I can't see my future without it (probably an exaggeration but I swear by the efficacy of this product). If you want to improve the overall texture, color and condition of your skin, I highly recommend the Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive.
I first discovered this product through Morgan of The Beauty Breakdown (if you want to know a lot about Korean beauty products, she is the guru!). She swears by this product which provoked my curiosity. This is definitely a splurge item (at least for me) but not as huge a splurge compared to SKII. Missha claims this product to rival the SKII and with the efficacy of the former, it could make the latter go bankrupt. I haven't tried any SKII products yet because it is way out of my budget but I am very happy already with the Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive that I don't see the need to even try the SKII. I believe the only difference between the two is the amount of time you need to wait to see results. SKII promises 2 weeks and Missha promises 1 month - you spend half the time with the former but I mean, 2 weeks more isn't that long enough. I can wait. And my waiting was worth it.
- Not as expensive as SKII.
- Very effective - it really made my skin softer and smoother. Even my pores are now smaller (still big but not as big as before). I also noticed by acne scars fade after 2 weeks of using (still there but not as pigmented as before using. My acne scars usually take more than a month to fade).
- Light scent - it doesn't have a strong scent. It has a very light sake scent because it is fermented but it isn't overpowering or anything that will put you off.
- Easy to pat and absorbs easily by the skin.
- A little goes a long way - I only do 2 drops on my palm and it covers my entire face and neck area.
- It helps moisturize the skin but is not heavy on the skin. It is just like using water to help nourish your skin.
- Good to use day and night.
- Bottle is made of glass which I don't like because there is a chance that I will break it and my 2,700.00PHP is gone.
- Still a bit expensive.
- I don't like the plastic thing that covers the hole of the bottle. It is annoying to keep on removing it with your fingernails every time you will use the product. Can't Missha make the packaging more user-friendly?
- Because the bottle is made of glass, it is very heavy to carry.
Overall, even if I hate the packaging, the product is very effective and I highly recommend it. If you are looking for an effective essence to improve your skin's condition, give this a try and you won't be disappointed.
P.S. This is not sponsored by Missha. I am just a really huge fan of this product.
Disclaimer: Just like any other product, what works for one doesn't mean it will work for all. Read the ingredients first to check if you are allergic to one or more before purchasing.