Bomber Jacket: from Korea | Top: Uniqlo | Skirt: Forever 21
Snapback and Socks: H&M | Bag: Betsey Johnson | Sneakers and Pins: Stradivarius
My Melody Pin: from Japan
Sometimes people throw questions at you that stuns you. It's either you don't know the answer or you just don't want/can't answer. I hate it when people ask me things to which I don't have answers for because I feel insufficient. And I also hate it when people ask me questions I can't/don't want to answer because I might say something I am not supposed to and there is no turning back because I can't take my words back. But there are times when I like the challenge because it makes me think and it makes me inquisitive.
Here are just a few questions thrown at me lately that got me thinking:
- What do you do for a living? I don't lie and outright tell where I work. But I don't go into detail of what I do. Few seem to comprehend the nature of what I do and sometimes explaining is too tedious. To save myself from all the long explanations and cumbersome words I have to use, I most of the time just say "I do admin work." People seem to understand and they don't probe any further. Simple. Done.
- Where/What do you want to eat? I find it mysterious why this seems to be one of the hardest questions to answer. When you aren't that hungry, it is easy to understand why you don't know where you want to eat or what you want to eat. But sometimes even when you are famished you just can't seem to figure out where and what you'll eat. This is a mystery that is yet to be uncovered.
- Are you okay? My answer would always be "I don't know" because I honestly don't know. If I say I'm not okay, why am I not okay? It isn't as if I had something really terrible happen to me (hopefully, not). And If I say I'm okay, am I really okay? I don't know. I can never seem to give a straightforward answer to this question because even if I feel okay, I start to question myself whenever people ask me if I'm okay. It's probably because I couldn't say I am content with how my life is at the moment and I still want to achieve more. It also could be because I haven't experienced anything so devastating and I still consider myself fortunate (and I hope to never experience such thing).
- Who do you think will win: Poe or Duterte? In case you don't know, elections here in the Philippines is coming in 2 months and there is a huge debate at the moment on who they think is going to win. There are 5 candidates but only 2 are emerging as victorious in current surveys: Grace Poe and Rodrigo Duterte. I honestly don't know. Survey results change all the time and is not really a reflection of the general public's opinion. I have no idea who will win but I do know who I will vote for and I am not going to disclose.
- Korea or Japan? I can't choose and refuse to choose! The former is very dear to my heart but the latter is my first love. It's like making me choose between my heart or my brain. I need both. I can't exist with just one.
- Where are you 5 years from now? I don't know. A lot of things can happen in just 1 year. What more in 5 years? I don't know what will happen to me; if I will be working in the same organization I'm in; if I am still living in the Philippines; if I am still doing the same type of work; I really don't know. What I do know is that I want to keep traveling (my wander soul is back) and see many parts of the world in 5 years. I want to become more independent and start investing. I want to learn more about life and live happily, ever after.
Sometimes the hardest questions to answer make us think about life and how we live. I hate it when I don't have the answer immediately because I feel lacking in some way. But on the bright side, I should take these questions as a challenge to assess myself and discover things about myself. Am I okay? Do I still want to do what I'm doing 5 years or 10 years down the road? Who should I vote for to get the change that I want for my country? Answers aren't always found in books, won't always come from your teachers, or won't be given to you outright. You have to discover them. You have to use various methods to find them. You need patience and wait for the answers. Or sometimes, you just have to look beside you and see that the answer has been there all along.