Jacket: thrifted | Dress and bag: from mom | Boots: H&M
Socks: Forever 21
- Board the Higashiyama or Tsurumai Line then alight at Fushimi Station
- The museum is 5-10 minutes walk from exit 5
- There will be no sign as to where the museum is when you exit at exit 5 so just walk straight ahead
- The museum is inside Shirakawa Park
- You can also use the city bus or the Meitetsu bus service but I find using the subway easier
Hours and fees:
- Hours: 9:30AM to 5PM (last entry is 30 minutes before closing time
- Closed on Mondays, national holidays. third Friday of each month, and from 29 December to 3 January
- Fees: 400Yen for the general areas of the museum, 800Yen if including the planetarium, 1,500Yen for planetarium and special exhibition (can change depending on the special exhibition)
- The museum does not have a restaurant. You can bring your own food as there is a designated dining area on the 2nd top most floors. You can buy your drinks there.
- The souvenir shop is at the basement of the building if you want to buy something that will make you remember your trip to the museum.
- The special exhibition is worth going to. I believe it changes from time to time and the one we saw was the dinosaur exhibition. It was amazing!
- There will be lots of kids running around so be careful.
- It is an interactive museum so highly recommend this to families with kids because they will definitely enjoy and learn a lot
- The deep freeze lab seems like an exciting feature of the museum. It was -32 degrees C and they offer thick coats you can use when inside (I am kinda disappointed we didn't get to try this. I don't remember why we didn't.).
- Include the planetarium only if you can understand Japanese. Otherwise you will just fall asleep inside (like that man who was snoring so loudly).