I don't wear makeup on a daily basis but when I do I have a set of products and routine that I live by. I will do some add-on's here and there sometimes especially when I have a special occasion to attend but on days when I wear makeup, I have a simple routine and use just a few products. These products and routine have never failed me and they give me the finish and look that I want and is appropriate for the day's activity (which is mostly work, work, and work).
I tend to not put too much on my face because I like to know that my skin is still able to breath and my pores are not heavily covered that will end up clogging. The products that I usually use are:
- Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer - I love this for giving a smooth and silky base for my BB cream.
- Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - this has always been my favorite BB cream because it looks natural, does not clog my pores, and does not oxidize throughout the day (as I am very acidic).
- The Saem Tip Concealer #1 - I rarely use concealer and would only dab a few on spots and under my eyes. Most of the time the BB cream already works but if I need added coverage on spots and brightening under the eyes I will use this.
- Kiss Mat Chiffon Powder UV Lucent - I just recently started using this and so far I like it. It doesn't control sebum production on my skin for a long time unlike the Banila Co Prime Powder powder or the Innisfree Mineral Sebum powder but I love the instant brightening effect and my skin looks fresh and bright.
- Nars Orgasm Blush - this is a favorite of many YouTubers and beauty gurus so I don't think I need to expound much on this product other than to say that I love it!
If there is one part of my makeup routine that I can skip, it would be the eyes. I am very low maintenance when it comes to eye makeup and I most of the time skip wearing eyeshadow. I only put highlighter or a glittery eyeshadow when I want some sparkle and to make my eyes appear awake but most of the time I go bare. But nonetheless, if I do wear eye makeup here are what I use:
- Etude House Draw My Eyebrow Pencil #1 - this has been my go-to eyebrow pencil and I am still in-love with this. It is very easy to apply and blend on my eyebrows. I also love how it has a spoolie on the other end to blend.
- Canmake Color Change Eyebrow #1 - this is my favorite eyebrow mascara. I use the pencil to fill in the gaps and apply eyebrow mascara on top to make my brows look fuller and more defined. This particular product is very easy to apply and glides on smoothly.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette - if I ever wear eyeshadow I always reach for my Urban Decay Naked Palette 1. I have been using this for a long time and as you can see I haven't hit pan on any of the shades. That is how rare I wear eyeshadows.
- Flower That's So Kohl Kohl Eyeliner KE1 - on days when I just want to add a bit of sparkle to my eyes to make it brighter and more awake, I use this eyeshadow stick. I love its rose gold color and it has enough sparkle to make your eyes brighter and bigger.
- Pop Beauty Kajal Pen in Sooty Black - this has become a favorite eyeliner of mine because it is pigmented and glides on smoothly. Sadly it isn't waterproof so it tends to smudge under my eyes on hot and humid days. I use this to tightline my lashes.
- Creer Beaute Miracle Romance Sailor Moon Eyeliner in Black - I also rarely use eyeliner and I haven't tried that many brands yet. I bought this one in Sasa Hong Kong last year and I haven't used it that much. Most days I am good to go with just tightlining my lashes and then move direct to mascara.
- Peripera Choco-Choco Volume Mascara in Dark Choco - I love how natural my lashes look with this mascara. It doesn't give you a super defined lashes but just enough to make it noticeably longer and more volumized. It also doesn't weigh down my lashes and keeps the curls all day.
If there is one part of my face that I will never forget to put something on it would be my lips. I can get away without any of the abovementioned products but lip products for me are a must. It just makes you look more alive if you have some color on your lips.
- Maybelline Baby Lips in 175 Petal Rebel - I use this if I don't want a bold statement on my lips and just want a subtle color and moisturizing effect.
- The Face Shop Melting Color Lip Creamer - I bought almost all colors of this range and I switch them up on a weekly basis. Read my full review of the range here: The Face Shop Melting Color Lip Creamer
Brushes and Tools
I don't use that many brushes and tools for my everyday makeup routine because I most of the time just my hands.
- Etude House My Beauty Tool Secret Brush 121 Skin - I use this to apply my BB cream and love how smoothly this applies the BB cream. I also love how natural the BB cream looks on application. Read my full review of the brush here: Etude House My Beauty Tool Secret Brush 121 Skin
- Forever 21 Blush Brush - I bought this brush because I thought the floral print was cute. This is a very cheap brush which surprisingly does its job. The hair is also very soft.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - I can't put mascara on without curling my lashes first. This eyelash curler curls lashes well and can even get in the inner most corner of your eyes. The curls also last long (if you use a good mascara that doesn't weigh down the lashes).