There could be a number of personal reasons why you would choose one BB cream over another. I, for example, would always tend to gravitate towards BB creams that contain high SPF and has whitening properties. There is something about the position of the Philippines in the world that walking under the sun even for just a few minutes can make you instantly darker. Thus, a product that contains whitening properties always get high points from me which goes hand in hand with a high SPF.
While selecting a BB cream is just like selecting any other beauty product - it is a matter of choice - there are a number of qualities that every consumer must be cautious of. Here are some that reviews.com compiled for us:
- Controversial Ingredients - according to reviews.com they found some ingredients to be controversial that a lot of BB creams in the market contain which can be harmful to the skin:
- Mineral Oils because they clog pores
- Oxybenzone and/or octinoxate also known as chemical sunscreens that can disrupt the hormones and cause skin irritation
- All vitamin-A derivative retinoids
With all those characteristics, reviews.com was able to come up with the 2 best BB creams in the market. If you are new to the BB cream bandwagon, choose any of the two that reviews.com has selected for us:
- Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme - if money is not a problem, they have selected this one from Dior as the best overall BB cream. "If you’re looking for lightweight, medium coverage from your makeup, the Diorskin will be up your alley. But, you could also pile it on for fuller coverage. No makeup-face look with this BB either way. (reviews.com)"
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Protector - I have tried Maybelline BB cream before but not this particular line of BB cream. If you want a more budget-friendly BB cream, this is the one to try. "Dream Fresh goes on smooth and quickly dries down to be mostly matte, with just the tiniest hint of sheen, which looks and feels pretty natural. The oil-free and fragrance-free formulation means it’s non-irritating (though in truth it has the tiniest bit of makeup-y scent) (reviews.com)."
Most of the BB creams reviewed in the website are Western brands so Korean and Japanese ones have not been tested and reviewed. I am still a firm believer of Korean and Japanese brands but this review gave me more things to think about and more things to consider when selecting a BB cream. You can click on this link reviews.com to read the entire article and learn more about BB creams.