By the time this post gets published, I will be roaming around the cold streets of Seoul looking for new makeup products to bring home and show you all. I honestly can’t wait to share whatever things I will be buying here most especially the makeup and skincare products. Obviously, I have an infinite penchant for Korean cosmetics as they innovate and introduce new products all the time. Seriously, they are amongst the most innovative and widest selection of all! A makeup junkie’s heaven, if I may say.
CC creams are not really my thing. I may own 4 different CC creams but I use my BB creams more often simply because of the SPF and the coverage. CC creams do not have coverage but has a high SPF too. You can say they are more for correcting and enhancing the complexion more than creating a flawless skin.
Here are my thoughts about the Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream #2 Glow:
- light fragrance (has a powdery, floral scent that is not overpowering)
- is not heavy on the face (though the consistency is a bit thick, it doesn't feel heavy on the face)
- gives an instant glow to the face
- has a moderate amount of SPF (SPF 30)
- small pea-size amount is enough to cover the entire face and neck area
- adapts easily to my skin tone
- doesn't make my skin too oily after a few hours
- I didn't notice any color correcting effect. I would have thought this will neutralise the redness of my skin but it didn't (the Touch In Sol CC cream I use reduces the redness of my skin creating a more even out and smooth complexion).
- Expensive (it costs around 800.00PHP ++ regular price whichi is about $20US)
- Thick consistency (but doesn't feel heavy, I just prefer consistency that is easy to blend all over my face)
|With Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream #2 Glow|
I like the fact that it gives an instant glow to my skin. But more than that, I wish there was a color correcting effect on this one. That is what CC creams are for anyway! Sadly, it did not deliver. I think this would work well as a base makeup to give that glowing finish but on its own, there are fare better CC creams out there than this one. I don't think I will repurchase because I bought it to help even out my complexion not really for the glowing effect (that was just a plus which is why I chose #2 glow instead of #1 silky).