I think the New Year is always the best time to set your priorities and create achievable goals for the year. Beauty is one aspect that I have always taken a keen interest on and I am starting to believe that I can actually become a beauty guru (beauty okay, not makeup because I can't apply eye shadow). So I just thought I'd share with you a few of the goals I have related to beauty. I hope you can share yours as well as I would definitely be interested to read them:
- Use more the products that I already have - I keep on buying new beauty products but I don't use many of them. I guess you can call me a hoarder. I want to stop doing that because it is a waste of money and products (some of them just expire without ever being touched). So this year, I want to use whatever products I still have before I decided to replenish.
- Invest in the right tools - my fingers have been my most reached tool for the last I-don't-remember-when. Though they do a decent job they are not always the best. I found that using the right tools for makeup helps make them look more natural and last longer than finger application. I am fortunate to have been gifted with a beautiful Sonia Kashuk makeup brush set. Now I am even more inspired to apply makeup the right way.
- Exercise more often - of course, when you talk about beauty exercise and diet should also be included. How can you look and feel beautiful outside (wearing makeup and fancy clothes) if you don't feel good inside? This is why exercise is included in my beauty goals for the year. I stopped exercising for a while and it has taken a toll on me. I gained 6kg in just a few months (from 43kg to 49kg). It may not seem heavy for most people but as a person who was so used to being 43kg (my weight since I was in college) 49kg weighs me down. I feel heavy and tired all the time. I was to exercise more often this year to shed the fats and feel healthier. I don't want to be 43kg again mind you. Maybe 45 or 46 just so I don't feel heavy.
- Healthy diet - exercise paired with healthy diet is something that I have always struggled with. I love food and I tend to eat at a new restaurant every week (or twice a week if I feel like it). I can't really resist good food especially dessert. But this year I will limit my restaurant hopping adventure to twice a month at most and eat healthier food. I want to cut my fast food intake and eat more vegetables and fruits. I also want to eat healthier snacks because I tend to binge on chips and muffins whenever I feel hungry.
- Wear more makeup - some people would say otherwise but because I have so much makeup I have not used (or even touched) I want to wear more makeup this year. Not to the point that I will look like a clown mind you, but just to use what I have more often. I also want to make myself look more presentable because of my line of work so yeah, I have an excuse.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - so they say. But in order for the beholder to see your beauty, you have to feel beautiful yourself. And I believe that by achieving my beauty goals for the year I can feel more confident and look more beautiful.
What are your beauty goals for the year?